py & Paste This Code:

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Groundbreaking Week!

Hi all! Yes, the title was right, it was the groundbreaking of the Gila Valley Temple. That was yesterday and it was great. It took a while getting there though. I'll get to that story eventually.

Monday thru Wednesday were challenging. I was behind schedule constantly, and various other mishaps followed everywhere. Then on Thursday I got to go to the "newcomer dinner" held by the Mathesons and it was beyond belief. I got to meet some new friends and get better aquainted with some people I've already met. I also got a ride from Ian, a golf cart driver who has been too sick to work, but he was there and back to normal (at least he seemed like it.) That made my day.
Sister Phelps is on the left and sister Matheson on the right.




Friday was good mostly because of the anticipation. I knew that Sara (my amazing cousin) was going to be dropped off in Phoenix and then she and I would proceed to Thatcher. The best place on earth, as far as I'm concerned. It was just the two of us the whole ride there. We traded off whose iPod was playing and listned to a great veriety of music from the beautiful to the bizzare (we both tend to favor the latter.) Sara and I got there around nine after a harrowing ride through Superior and a few moments for Sara to figure out an automatic (she only drives stick.) But we made it safely and were very happy when we got there.

We showed up at Clel and Serri Flake's at 9 and got to se them and the 4 grandkids. A merry family adventure was had by all. As was ice cream. Sara and I went to bed around 10. We stopped talking sometime much later. The alarm went off when we told it to. They have an annoying habbit of doing that. Then Clel, Sherri, Sara, and I went to see the groundbreaking broadcast to the Safford Stake Center. Nothing was said that I have never heard before, but everything struck me on a deeper level. I realized again how greatful I am that I live so close to the temple and that my friends in Thatcher will soon have the same blessings. I found it ironic that I did not go to the temple for the first time since I moved to Phoenix because I went to the groundbreaking. I was very glad I did.


The rest of the morning I spent with Ethan and Jessica. They are a very open and adorable couple. A lot of spirit between the two of them. They make quite the pair. Go them. I also got to visit Sara Knudson, one of the true music dorks on this earth. She and the rest of A capella sang very well at the dedication. I stopped by Bishop Stapely's, but he wasn't home. Oh well.

Then we (Sara and I) had lunch with the Flakes and wished them farewell. I was homesick for them again before I even left. We got back in time to have dinner (pork roast sandwiches) and go to Trevor's play. Santa Rita's advanced drama department put on the "Taming of the Shrew." He was the Pedant. He nailed the part perfectly. Everyone did a very nice job. I know they all worked hard, and you could understand what they said most of the time. More importantly they did. Not only that, but they understood it too. That doesn't always happen in high school productions of Shakespeare.

I will soon be going back to Phoenix and preparing to start another week. Things are stating to pick up, assignments are coming due and tests are happening. I think I'm still on top. My dad installed Microsoft word on my computer, so I don't have to type papers on here to get them in the computer. To that end I am taking my communications essay off here because it was not all that interesting to the average reader.

1 comment:

  1. Caught up on your blog this morning and enjoyed it! Interesting to see a picture taken in New Orleans. ;-)

    ReplyDelete