py & Paste This Code:

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wedding Day!




















So I have something to talk about now. I went to the wedding of Jessica McMurchie and Ethan Eager. This has been anticipated since I talked to her on 1/19 and it finally arrived. The only problem was that we had to get there first. The best solution? Party it all the way up to Denver. Caralee, Shalee, Kalene, Megan, and I rode in a van together for the 12 hour drive and alternated driving. It was long, but the dvd player and catchphrase made it barable and even fun. When we got there I was dead on my feet and did not here the others say they were going to help Jess. I was selfish and slept.

The next morning I got to see my buddy Jeff for the first time in a few weeks and we went as a group to help Jess and Ethan set up the backyard for the wedding. But first we must get manicures and pedicures, how could we work with chemical cleaning agents without those!?! After much work (and play) we went to the Olive Garden and then home to take a nap before the rehersal dinner. I didn't go to that since I was not in the wedding party (Kalene, Caralee, and Jeff were, the rest of us were just enjoying the ride) but I was okay with that since I needed more sleep anyway.

The next way we got up and did our hair and tried to keep Ethan calm as he was with us at the time. When we got to Jessica's house we blended right into the chaos. There was Jessica's hair to be finished and everyone's makeup to be done. Thre was the bridesmaid and wedding dresses to be put on. Ethan was a nervous boy on the biggest day on the biggest day of his life so far, but he was nothing in comparison to Jess. She had dreamed of this her entire life and now just a couple of hours had to live up to a lifetime of dreaming.

I had tears in my eyes several times that day, but the first was when I walked in to find Jessica wearing her wedding dress. She was beautiful. Then I started to cry as Ethan teared up at the sight of his bride. The ceremony was very simple and heartfelt. First Ethan walked in with both moms, one on each arm, then the bridal pary, and finally the radiant Jessica attended by her sister and lifelong friend Allison. They wrote their own vows and in simple words expressed eternal love and devotion to one another. The unity candles were lit and the march back down the aisle was set to the song "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher.

Now enough of the teary stuff (mostly) and time for the fun stuff! We had an outdoor lunch and I got to meet a lot of Jessica's family and enjoy their company, their humor, their wisdom, and their hospitality. Jessica changed into a t-shirt and blue jeans and still looked as gorgeous as ever. After I had been outside long enough to have the life sunburned out of my arms and neck we went inside to open presents.


They got the pots and pans and housewarming stuff and the vaccum that Jessica must now learn to use. (Just kidding, she knows how to use cleaning materials.) The most important part was that it was fun and that all the presents were stuff the couple enjoyed having. The last teary moment of the day for me was when Jessica's younger sister Allison hugged Jess goodbye. They were both in tears and that got me going. I enjoyed the sweet relationship those two have. It is a good thing family relationships extend in to eternity, because they are one of the few things it is worth having for eternity.

That night I went to spend time with my cousins John and Charlotte. I had not had a real chance to talk to them since they moved from Phoenix three years ago. They are both fun, funny, and caring. I enjoyed getting to know Eden and Miles, the two little ones and being out of the hotel room for a few hours and in a real home. Good food, good company, who can ask for more? I hope to go back to Denver and visit all these people again soon!

The ride home was more than we had barganed for. We got all the way to Albequerque before the car overheated. It was Sunday, but thank goodness Safeway was open to buy some coolant. We overfilled the compartment and it boiled over not ten minutes later. Shalee, the brains of this particular operation, instructed us to turn on the heater so the coolant would circulate better and roll down the windows so we didn't die of heatstroke. We didn't die, but we did sweat our rear ends off, litteraly. I'm sure we each lost some water weight. But the important part is that we all made it home safely. Next Caralee and I git to head to Phoenix. I can't tell you how much I dreaded the idea of another 3 hours in the car after the 12 we had spent, but again we got there safely and that's all that matters. We rolled in at 10:30 and I promptly made my bed and got in it.

Now I'm back in Tucson for the next little bit and enjoying the kid's birthday season. This is more than enough for one post. I'll type more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment