py & Paste This Code:

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week(s) in Review

Hi there! Now I'm going to take the time to tell all the things I haven't writen in the last 3 weeks. On March 6 I had surgery to take metal plates out of my right arm. Pre-op went very well because I know the drill and I got the best anesthesiologist. It was a little disconcerting to wake up with a cast. It was bright red. My surgeon said he needed to make a snap decision and he decided to go with the red cast. He hoped I was okay with that. At that point I really didn't care. It went from the base of my knuckles to halfway between my shoulder and my elbow, holding my elbow at a 90 degree angle. I couldn't play so I had a lot of time to do "homework." I did homework, slept, and generally took it easily.

In this time I got to go up to conference. No, I didn't go to the conference center. but I did get to spend time with family and just be away from all worries. It was much needed time to relax. Thanks to aunts, uncles, cousins, and new friends it was a wonderful time.

The next week I completed a term paper on "The Affect of Music on Mood Disorders." I focused on bipolar disorder anddepression. It is a facinating topic and I want to continue to study it in the next few years.

The cast came off and the x-rays show that I can't study stringed instruments any more. If I try my arm will break since there is only a single twig of bone and a metal plate holding it together now. Now I am preparing for my voice audition. I want to sing the song "Without You" from "My Fair Lady." It is sassy and fun and I have always liked it. I need another song in a forgien language and I'm looking for something in Spanish or German. This will be fun and I will get to waive some class requirements if I go with voice.

It is fun but a little scary to see this semester begin to end. I made it through and even made some friends. I will be very happy to come back next year and I will even enjoy my summer classes I think (especially since they are air conditioned.)

Oh! Funny ward mission story. I was going to visit an inactive member alone, one who seems to have dropped off the radar, until Colby asked to go with me. When we got to the address on the ward list some Asian guy in boxers answered the door and asked what we wanted. I was really glad to have a companion right then. We acertained that he was not the person we were looking for, nor did he know him, so we will send this person's membership records to the "lost sheep pile" for inactives that no one knows where in the church they are. It is sad that such a pile exists. I still love my ward missionary job and overall I think we have more success than anything else.

1 comment:

  1. Still can't believe you have to give up strings. At least you can still sing! Hang in there! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete