py & Paste This Code:

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The ongoings of Jana

This last week was intense! Not too exciting I'm afraid (except for the parts that were) but it was intense. It has been the week before finals. I had a take home test, a project, a two papers due this week. I got it all done to some degree of satisfaction (I hope to the satisfaction of my teachers, but that remains to be seen.)

Amidst the studying I got a chance to do some fun things. The first of which was FHE on Monday. It was the "friendship dinner" and everything about it was amazing. The food and the company were both wonderful. On Tuesday I got to spend some quality time with Chef-Tess. I do this every Tuesday and I love it every single time. I even got a tag on her blog. I shall be known forevermore (at least on her site) as "String Cheese." I like it. And I got to be a hand model. That is going on my resume from now on.


Thursday was an all day/ almost all night study session. I got a lot done. I had to write the two papers in APA style after using MLA up until now. I got through it and (who knows?) I may have learned something in the process.

Friday I got to spend time watching some basketball. My ward's girls' team won the championship and the boys came pretty close. It was a lot better of a friday than studying that way. My one and only complaint was that the cultural hall was too cold, but otherwise it was fun. Good friends, good game, who could ask for more?

Today was fast Sunday and it was an amazing spiritual feast. The perscribed focus of the meeting was missionary work. It is humbling to hear the modern miracles that are taking place here and all over the world. The testimonies of my ward family were edifying and inspiring. Each one left me feeling a desire to draw closer to Christ. Now I am at the house of one of the angels I visit teach (and her fiance) listening to good music and giving thanks for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment