py & Paste This Code:

Sunday, May 17, 2009

When You're Hot, You're Hot!

I certainly am hot. I am in Tucson with a swamp cooler that works like it is in a union. However, it is good to be home. I can't complain about the cooking or the company. There is not much to tell becase I have mostly been resting. I made it through finals week and got As and Bs on my term papers and didn't do half bad on my finals.

I signed up for a busy schedule next semester and I can already tell that there are going to be days where I'm not sure how I will survive (they will be called Tuesdays) but I will be learning a lot of great stuff and making serious progress towards my degree. I am in two chouirs and various academic classes. I am looking forward to it

One thing I can do right now to pretend I am productive is watch DVDs in spanish to brush up on a skill I once had. It is suprising how much I remember and how fast I can drive certian members of my family crazy that way. The downside is thaht there are a lot of movies that have a french language track, but not a spanish one. It makes me wonder, what's so great about french anyways?

Talking about spanish made me think of the bitter sweet spiritual experience I had today. Elder Claudio R. M. Costa came to our stake conference to release our stake presidency of ten years and put a new one in place. That release was hard on everyone I think, but especially those like my brother and I who don't recall any other stake presidents. I'm sure he will grow to love ths stake presidency. I'm not sure I will be around enough to get to know them.

I love listening to Elder Costa. I like his accent, but I love the words he speaks. He talked about going to the temple to get to know the Father. I think all of us could improve our attitude towards the temple.

Okay, I think that is it for this week. Thanks for the time spent reading this!

1 comment:

  1. You're living with a SWAMP COOLER?

    When you're hot, you're steaming and sweaty too! If you ever start broiling, just pop up for a visit. You know where to come.

    ReplyDelete