py & Paste This Code:

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm Singin' in the Rain


Tucson has been blessed with a 3 day drizzle and I am loving it!!! I went on a half our walk with my dog this morining and enjoyed every minute of it. Every time I smell a storm in the air I think of the primary song we used to call "The Rainbow Song."


I like to look for raimbows
Wenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty
Of an earth made clean again

I want my life to be as clean
As earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again

I know when I am baptized
My sins are washed away
And I can be forgiven
And improve myself each day

I want my life to be as clean
As earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again

Rain gives earth a clean smell and feel. I have always loved being out in the first real storm of the year. This one doesn't count because it is only a drizzle. I mean when I stand outside and get soked in under 5 minutes. This was closer to getting "misted." It still gave me that special energy that I only seem to have during a storm, and a certain desire to make "mess and mischeif" that doesn't come out too often. (It is way too easy to make both when outside is wet.)

I think he liked getting getting wet a lot less than I did. We dried off when we got home and I curled up with a book and enjoyed the good weather in front of an open screen door and my puppy Charlie curled up at my side. I have been very blessed in that I have never been afraid of thunder, in fact I wished for it today.








I love curling up with a good book and listening to the thunder. There is a danish word I have discussed with my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Mike at length. If I picked the right one out of the dictionary it is hjertelig (I think it is pronounced here-ta-lee but I can't really understan Uncle Mike, or anyone else for that mater, when he speaks Danish.) That is a wedding picture of them just because I think they make an adorable couple!

It is the feeling of watching a blizzard outside and being warm and safe and comfortable inside by the fire. Missionaries use it a lot to discribe feeling the Spirit. The sensation always hits me stronger during a monsoon thunderstarm, but I was contemplating it today. It is a nice feeling and I am glad to know that there really is a safe place during every storm, no matter how strong the wins, hard the rain, or loud the thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment