py & Paste This Code:

Saturday, January 17, 2009

ASU & Me

Okay, I'm going to be good about writing from now on. And if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. I promise to try. I moved into my ASU dorm earlier today. It was filthy and stinky. There were dishes and trash that predated Christmas break, I'm sure. My roommate seems nice, but she does not live my same standards. That's no reason why we can't be friends, but it lead to some akwardness because I don't like swearing, and she has never needed to watch it before, but she is nice and perky and cute. She was here three minutes, then left. I have not seen her in the 8 hours since. It was a relief when I was here alone. With the help of a vaccum, mop, inspired music, beautiful knick knacks, and scented oils this dirty littledorm room may yet become a home. The clock was a birthday present. It is amazing how much I love clocks. Not the digital ones, the timepieces. This one is a real work of art. It has a quote from the poem "Footprints" on it. "...during the times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." I love it. The biggest problem I have here is that I miss people. I miss my awesome roommies. I guess I'll just have to get used to my new ones here, but you guys (girls) will always be my sisters. I miss the Flakes, of course, but oh well, they aren't here, and I guess there are good leaders everywhere. I miss my UH-mazing boyfriend Reagan. At least we still have phones. Even though I am homesick tonight I am excited to learn all that ASU has to teach me. I miss EA, but this new season of my life will be sweet and fun and all around enjoyable. Here are some pictrures of my new place.

My books, one of the few comosities I can't live without. I would die without these ones, we haven't been apart for more than a week at a time.



More books. Can a person ever have enough? No, you must be insane to even ask!



Gotta love the brown stuff in the sink. I'm not gonna deal with it now.





The beautiful quilt my mom made me for Christmas, along with the novel I finished this afternoon and my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment