py & Paste This Code:

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 2

So I got up this morining and I knew where I was! I felt very accomplished. I got up to shower and get ready for church since my meetings are still at 9. I got all my stuff and took it in the apartment bathroom, stripped (that's what you are supposed to do when you shower) and got in. When I got in I knocked a cockroach off the shower curtain, then looked down to see another one in the drain. I squealed, then with all the courage my 6'1 body posesses I stepped out of the shower. I missed Mom, Dad, Trev, Kalene, and Jessica more than I can say in that moment. I dresses, then woke my roommate up and asked how she felt about bugs and she said "if there's a roach don't even tell me!" I said "okay I won't." and stepped out of her room. That was all the answer I needed. I ate breakfast and decided not to shower before church since I don't like showering with company. Then I remembered I was going into the Lord's house and decided that being clean was important. I would walk to the shower, look at the bugs, give a breathless squeal, then run away. I'm pretty sure they were deaf, just not dead. Finally my roommate got up the pity to call the "community assistant" to take care of it for us. No, I did not take pictures of the roaches.

I got to church almost on time. On the way there I met a girl from my dorm who is in my ward. We walked to the institute together. Sacrament meeting was good. It assured me that I was in the right place. The one thing that caught me a little off gaurd was that they had couples who got engaged over winter break stand up and announce it. I wondered how that would work if the person's fiance lived in another town. I also loved the pipe organ in the chapel. It was beautiful physically, aurally, and spiritually. Then I got to go to "newcommer sunday school" so they could have me fill out an info sheet and get my picture, as well as make sure I was in the right ward boundries. Then I went to my home class a.k.a. Gospel Principles. I never get sick of those. We talked about missionary work and how anyone who is truly converted cannot help but share the gospel. Relief Society was taught by someone who returned from the Italy Canagna mission around two years ago. We discussed Zion. All in all I must say I love this church. At least when I go to intitute I know how things work and it feels the same as at EA, even though I am still homesick for all of you in Thatcher.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog invite, I'll try to read it regularly. :-) I've been really bad about posting on my blog lately, but you can check it out.

    I hate roaches! That's one of the great things about being married, though... If Daniel hears me calling his name in a panicked tone of voice, he comes and kills them for me. (They're one of the only things I panic about.) We don't get them often, but when we do they're the big ones that walk in from outside. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete