py & Paste This Code:

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My new motto for life

My philosophy is that one must have a theme song to succeed in life. Last semester it was "Into the Fire" from The Scarlet Pimpernel. Well I did go into the fire and boy was I refined...I think, maybe...anyway it was hard. And wonderful. Nothing went as planned. I didn't get into music, I now have a boyfriend, my roommates constantly challenge me to stretch and grow and become my best self. I liked my plan. It included music therapy and violins and violas. My plan had me in the Tempe University 5th Ward. I love that ward and all the people in it. I got my appartment so I would be in 5th ward. Obviously I didn't figure in possible boundry changes. That plan is not working out like I pictured it. However, my plan did not include Jeff Sparks. In my defence how could last semester's plan include someone I had not met at the time? But now I do have Jeff in my life, and that changes my plan on how to spend some of my evenings, among other things. Talk about a surprise blessing. (for more detail on Jeff go to http://spark-a-smile.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-big-brother.html)

So now that we have established that my plan is out the window my response to it is "You Know Better Than I." I know that Heavenly Father must have something in store for me. I know that everything I have suffered and all the blessings I have received are not for nothing. This plan is not making sense to me now, but I have faith that it makes sense to my Father in Heaven. I will not venture to say that any of these things are divine intervention, but whether they are or not I know that He will consecrate them for my good and the good of others. The song is wonderful and I intend to hold it in my heart through every new challenge I face and blessing I receive this semester. This link will take you to the song and if you click more info in the gray box under the screen you will see all the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RddBWJgvKDY

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! Just looked at your hot boyfriend! I mean...cute sweet awesome smart jazz loving...per his sister...and I have to say, I think you've got a winner! Now if he sees in you what we have seen your entire life...well...I'm just saying!! Hooooray!!! Love you Jana!! God bless. You are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete