py & Paste This Code:

Monday, January 11, 2010

News Flash!

So a lot has happened in my life since I updated last. First all the stuff that most of you already know. I didn't get into the music program so my major is now elementary ed. Even though I have yet to get the necessary clearences I want to go into special education. That is where the most teachers are needed and students need to be loved for who they are and what they can do, as opposed to everyone who sees them for what they can't.

I went from school to Prescott where I got my best present ever. This wonderful guy asked to be my boyfriend. We met over conference weekend and started dating on Dec. 20. It is exciting and fun and we are both enjoying getting to know each other. Be for you ask how serious we are let me tell you...we're not. Right now we are having a great deal of fun getting to know each other. I like things the way they are and if we can maintain the status quo for a while I will be perfectly content.

I made bank at Christmas and loved every thing I got. I was probably most excited to get the GPS because of how much I needed it. To give you an idea, I used to get lost in Thatcher AZ. The town is small enough that getting lost there is an accomplishment. I succeeded many times. We are not even going to mention how my sense of direction fares in Phoenix.

I got to spend a week with my aunt, uncle, and two of my cousins when they came to Tucson. That included family bonding and enough shopping to make me sick. Thank you Sara.

After that came my birthday. Again, I got more than I thought to hope for. The best part was that Jeff (the aforementioned boyfriend) came to Tucson for it. It was interesting getting used to being together with him. He goes to NAU and I'm at ASU, so we don't actually see each other all that often, about once a month for a weekend visit. This was four days and it was fun to spend the time with him and my family. There was a lot of jazz and dancing, as well as movies and laughs. It was good times.

Today is my dad's birthday, and we have been spending the day together until I leave to vacation in Thatcher tomorrow. I love the time with my family and I will miss them a lot when I am gone. I guess it's a good thing, but it's still hard for me to move away again each time I do it.

That's me in a nutshell, I'll try to have funny stories next week.

1 comment:

  1. GPS?! That made me laugh out loud remembering how many times my dear friend got lost last year. Oh how fun! Oh...and very cool on having an update (funny stories or not--GPS is funny!!) it's good to hear how things are in your sweet life. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete